Ask Me Anything!

Become a Patron!


As a Disabled Person, I find that I get a lot of questions: about my life; about how to help loved ones who

become disabled, etc. So, I am dedicating this post to you and your questions. Please feel free ask me anything! I am here to help!

    I will post the Q& A for the most commonly asked questions weekly, so check back often!
Here are a few questions that I am often asked, in no particular order:

    1. Are you in pain?
       
    Answer: Yes, every day but I am accustomed to it. I meditate and do Yoga, for more relief. I don't take medication for it.

    2. Don't you get tired of people staring at you when you use a wheelchair?

    Answer. No, I am used to it. People are generally, very kind. They are just curious & at times you can see them trying to figure out what may have happened to me. Some times, I just want to say, "It was a shark attack", lol. Just to have some fun with it! But, I don't, they are just curious, I would be as well!

    3. What do you miss most?

    Answer: My freedom. I miss just being able to dance around my house! Or, just hop in my car & jump out to go to the store! Now, everything takes time, it's a process. But, I am still so grateful that I have a wheelchair, that I can drive & go out still! My gratitude is definitely greater than anything else!

4. Do your friends treat you differently?
    Answer, yes! I thought my friends were close & that they would always be there for me. However, I was wrong. Unfortunately, some people are not comfortable being around disabled people, no matter who they are! They weren't comfortable with how so much had changed, my lack of mobility, really. Yes, it was awful & a very hard time to go through so much without my friends staying with me. But, I have been blessed with a whole "new tribe" and you can't look back! Why would you? But, please be aware that it may happen. 
    However, it will be alright, you will survive, again, and make it through that transition as well. Forgiveness & gratitude are key though.

5. Do you use a different wheelchair inside your home, different from the one for going out in public?
No, I don't use a wheelchair inside my home. I walk with a cane, around my home. I only use a wheelchair out in public.

Comments

Popular Posts